Sunday 9 March 2014

Step by Step - How I painted Zen and Bodhi's Snowy Day


I have just finished painting Zen and Bodhi's Snowy Day and I can't wait to see the book.  It will probably released later on in the year to go with the winter season theme.  I am often asked how I create my work as most people expect it is all done digitally.  I am pretty old school in the illustrator's world as the majority of my artwork is drawn and painted traditionally with acrylic paints and then scanned and edited, adding text if needed.  I do, when asked, create vector art characters like I have done for Salford City Council and will be doing some more designs for them in the near future.

I am venturing further into the digital world of story telling with a new client who I am working with to create an interactive children's book with animation.  Sooooo excited!  The main characters are designed and I'm just waiting to find out what is next.  

I definitely have the best of both worlds :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment