Saturday 1 March 2014

Namaste

Over the last couple of years I have become a fan of all things yoga.  I make sure I practice daily even if it's standing in the kitchen whilst cooking doing the dancer pose much to the worry of my boyfriend who panics about balancing and lots of hot pans in the same vicinity! 
I find it very therapeutic for my mind, body and soul and it is a great pick me up during the day if I find myself scrunched up over my artwork or macbook! A few sun salutations are a great stress buster in all stressful situations as you are too busy concentrating on the present and your breathing and nine times out of ten when your thighs or arms are burning you haven't time to feel anxious :-)
My great passions are illustrating and now yoga or should I say "Doga!" as my little pooch Paul has to join in!  We must look a site when I'm in the middle of a chaturanga with Paul stood on my back!



I have now been blessed with a couple of commissions linked to yoga (I will blog about these very soon!) and also written my own picture book story called "Hello Sun!" I think I may be a little obsessed!  I just have to complete the sketches and a few illustrations and then I will make a mock -up book.  Then the hard work will begin looking for a publisher who would be willing to take it on :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment